Thursday, May 29, 2008

DURANGO!! a few years ago


Just browsing through old photos and found this one from a mountain bike "guy trip" we took around 2005? From left to right is: Jim Wilson, Jim Auwen, David Hatfield, Steve Hatfield, Eric MacDonald and Kent Hatfield.

Great trip. Don't remember a lot of detail but I do recall having fun with some of my favorite people. This photo was taken during a postride soak at a hot mineral spring outside of Durango. We had put in a long day on the Hermosa Creek trail, scraped together some available cash as we had just gotten off the trail, and thoroughly enjoyed the hot water. As I recall, David had just taken his arm off from around me then leaned to his left in an attempt to avoid revealing his feelings for me. Kidding, but that water was hot and love was in the air. Also, the bubbles seen around Jim W. and Eric i'm sure were from the circulating water, there's no other explanation.

The next day we went up to Telluride and spent a couple of days riding the trails up there. Beautiful country, great town, but most of the trails were either climbing or descending and not much in-between.

Just a nice getaway with great friends, to two of my favorite places, that I would do again in a heartbeat.

No comments: