Monday, May 26, 2008

Kong for breakfast...

Had a pretty good morning. Started off with the group ride then turned right at McDowell with Don Evans while the group went left to hit Gilbert. Don't know why, probably one of my little voices. I guess I just wanted to do my own thang. Don and I talked for a while, then we parted ways at Recker where he went straight.

Thought maybe I'd head out to Kong and do some repeats. Ya know how when you go to see a movie and eat popcorn continuously? You may be stuffed, your hand is cramped and your jaw is pooped but there you are still shoving corn in your face. That's the mentality I had this morning on Kong. "Just a few repeats" I said to myself. "Just a few more" I said after the 20th, "I can tie my personal record of 25". Anyways, I ended up doing 40 of those suckers. Didn't kill myself but worked on my mechanics with a fast spin, and strength with a slower more forceful spin on alternating laps. One down and up is 1.5 miles with the turnaround at the Granite Reef park exit. Exercise time was 6 hours and averaged just 13 mph for the day.

Saw a lot of riders out, pulled up to one fellow and we chatted. As we rode up, he told me "you're riding pretty strong", I just smiled and said "thanks, you too" (I was on #37 and never told him my dirty little secret).

No comments: