Saturday, November 14, 2009

A good ride...

There's something about a bike ride, the effort, the overcoming. I tell my friends occasionally "I've never regretted a single bike ride I've ever done" and I mean that. Even when I've crashed, or bonked or had multiple flats, I've gained something of value in that ride. It may be pushing my physical limits, embracing life a little bit more because I've come close to losing it, commiserating or having heart to heart chats with friends, it's all good.

This morning was no different, a little slower to nurse my knees, a little more stressful from being on-call, but still fulfilling. I was able to reflect on life and find a bit of clarity.

The brilliant rainbow I saw spanning the western sky this morning seemed nothing less than an affirmation of the beauty of this particularly humble ride.

2 comments:

lorie said...

Yeah, that rainbow was nice.

Yara said...

Hi Jim, if you want you can have a look at our DBA-weblog, so you can see who we are and what we are doing in Europe: http://fietskrabbels.blogspot.com
Kind rgds
Rini