Sunday, November 1, 2009

Roadblocks, stumbling blocks, lemons, etc...

At what point can I consider myself washed-up? Alright, maybe that's a little harsh, but I am definitely in a slump. Haven't ridden or worked out in 2 weeks. And, along with one ailment after another, the feeding frenzies, and no motivation to alter that, i'd say i'm officially lost.

Okay, situation defined, now what? The downward spiral into old age and diapers? Or, learn from this experience, regroup, and get back on the horse.

Or maybe, just maybe, I can gather myself, dig deep and find that fire that dwindles more every year and begin again. Maybe, I can learn from this slump, that it's a place I never want to visit again and fight for my sense of well-being. (can you tell from my ranting that i'm in a struggle?)

RESOLVE, that is my new mantra. Resolve to begin anew. Resolve to stick with whatever paths I choose to live a better and more blissful life.

I like it... More later...

3 comments:

lorie said...

Atta Boy, Jimmy.

The Armstrong Family said...

I cannot believe I am hearing this from the biking guru that you are. You are one of the most motivated people I know. No slumping. Get back on that horse Jim. You can do it! Or...maybe a new path is what you need. Prayer. You'll figure it out. Keep smiling. That's important.

Yara said...

Cheer up Jim, like to join us next year in August 2010 with the Tour for Life, which is a ride from Italy to the Netherlands in 8 days?
Kind regards
Rini Auwens
The Netherlands