Friday, November 28, 2008

Ode to Lorie



My good friend Lorie Tucker nailed another Ironman last weekend at the Arizona Ironman right here in our backyard of Tempe. She was a bit disappointed with her time but I say just to finish is a triumph. It was a fun day as Aubry, Justin and I hung out at Tempe Town Lake for most of the day and watched competitors of all shapes, sizes, and abilities, give their all just to hear themselves called an Ironman at the finish.

I could dive into words about Lorie, nice descriptive words about her character and capacity to achieve but I could never do her justice. I'll just keep that to myself and say "i'm proud of her".

I made an observation, and I told Lorie this, about how amazing the scene was as she made her way out of the chute to her family and friends. I had a glimpse of what it must be like in the afterlife. After all our effort here on earth, to finally be free from pain and then surrounded by those we love, it must be awesome. She was literally enveloped by people who care about her, everyone was happy and the love flowed.

I know... but that's what I saw and felt.

3 comments:

My Time to Blossom said...

Lorie you are AWESOME!!! Sorry I missed it!
You are looking great crossing the finish line.

I still remember Jim after his Ironman. He lost 12 pounds during the race and looked like an 80 year old man.

lorie said...

Thanks Jimmy.

Jim Auwen said...

Hey, it was 14 pounds and I looked "mature"