Thursday, April 2, 2009

Adjusting

I'm adjusting to life with acceptance that my running days are over. I've been walking on the treadmill at Mountainside. I elevate the incline and still get a good workout but it doesn't feel as fun.

I noticed that the Showlow Tri will have an Aquabike division (swim and bike only) this year. I may try that type of competition sometime but I was shocked at the cost of this one, $150! I'll have to shop around for other events with an Aquabike division.

Odd ride this morning, the group got puposely buzzed by a pickup after Higley. I was a little bothered so went after him in hot pursuit hoping a light would catch him. The joker pulled into QT for probably a Twinkie and coffee. As I waited for him to leave is truck Wayne Smith pulls up and confronts him. It got a little heated and when we realized it was going nowhere we left. The guy was not sorry and probably will pull that again, I just hope he doesn't kill anybody.

Thoughts on the upcoming Tour de Phoenix tomorrow. Too tired now, got called into the hospital at 0245 this morning. Later...

No comments: