Monday, January 19, 2009


One month since my last entry? That's pathetic. I really just wanted to get on here tonight and say hello.

The Aussie exchange students that stayed with us for a week left this morning and there is a huge void in this home. We had a great time with them, they are good kids and we got to do a lot with them. We will miss Lukas and Karla just as we miss Shaun and Gabby from last year.

Speaking of voids, not mountain bike racing this year is a big one for me. I hurt my left knee and back on a training ride last Friday and was physically unable to go out the next morning for the first race of the series and mix it up with the fellas. I got off-balance and went over my bars and down into some decent sized granite rocks and a desert tree. Kyle Jorgensen and Jim Wilson were there to heckle me of course (just like my other spills). Jim was right on my tail and when I went down he couldn't quite stop and crashed as well. Though I think he stayed on the trail and landed on my bike so he was injured less. Kyle was strategically going slow and came up on the tangled wreckage.

I was looking forward to doing the series, riding for Adventure Bicycle and was excited about racing the Pilot 429 (29'r) Bill had let me demo. I love this bike, it's solid and stable. Best full-suspension I've ever ridden. Ask me about it...

More later...

No comments: