Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vision Quest...


I'm entered in the HooDoo 500 i'm nervous to say. It would be nice to actually train for a race, maybe do a "Vision Quest" kinda thing.

I think i'm more stable now, with the thyroid replacement stuff and the recumbent ordered. The neck has greater mobility after the MUA and it looks like migraines may be a thing of the past because of it. I'm having some left arm radiculopathy (numbness) but I've been medicating for that and am hopeful. Blah, blah.. I just wanted to disclose my physical considerations.

So, I figure 4 months to the event should be adequate to prepare. Lots to consider besides training...lights, clothing, equipment, nutrition and mental status. Nutrition may be the most critical, it's everything to be hydrated and fed properly. I've been given the ok to race on my new Carbent Raven by the HooDoo organizers and i'm looking forward to the new challange.

Got a week to prepare for my training. I'll scour the internet for options and methods and hopefully work it out.

Wish me luck....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck training! Glad you made it through the MUA (funny -- in my husband's photography world, MUA stands for "make-up artist); hope your neck continues to improve.