Friday, October 29, 2010

Just relax...

Okay, I'm going to Safford for a road race tomorrow and i've never felt so pessimistic. It's just feels like it's not gonna work, I just don't feel up to the challange.



I don't know how my neck will tolerate it, for sure medication and I guess my wife will be around to pick me up if need be. Besides that, I'm absolutely out-of-shape and out of "determination" that follows race fitness.



This may be my last "race" depending on what the next 6 months brings. I will be doing a fitness program starting next week that may help and I've been considering chiropractic though I have skepicism about it.



Just re-read what i've written and it sounds so gloomy, I don't mean to be, just being a realist. Gotta be patient I guess and relax. I'm going over with Curtis Clifford and my son Taylor so that'll be fun. It's the first Tour de Safford and first races are great, I love the chaos.

So my word for this weekend is...RELAX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you had a good ride and that your neck is feeling better-if you are getting on your bike and attempting to ride, I guess it is.
Think of those who cannot ride for whatever reason, and then be glad you can do what we do...!

Anonymous said...

ok just read your name in results...you should feel GREAT about your ride! :-) Congrats!

Jim Auwen said...

I know many people named Cheryl, which one are you? Or, maybe you're a stranger, a very kind stranger, thanks...